Posting pictures

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Posting pictures

Postby 303hunter » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:37 pm

There has to be an easier way to post pictures. I’m on several forums and this is the only one I can’t post pictures on. Can’t figure out how to resize and I’ve tried... Since Tiny Pic went under I’m having a lot of trouble. Please make posting pictures easier. Thanks!
303hunter

Re: Posting pictures

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 pm

I made this video a few years ago to help newcomers post pics. I hope this helps.
I use You Doodle app (iOS) to downsize my pics and it really helps.

https://youtu.be/Fxn8Fz7jIQs

We didn’t design the software so we are pretty much stuck
With this format. We tried several years ago to upgrade
The forum and damn near lost everything. If it weren’t for
MudBug, we would have been in deep poopoo.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Posting pictures

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:49 am

postimage.org, where I have taken to hosting my images allows you to specify the resultant size when uploading them. It seems like the longer a person has been posting images on free sites, the greater the challenge of keeping them available. I've re-hosted some of my older images at least 3 times beginning with the Tinypic collapse. The absolute worst is Google and Microsoft. They're bound and determined to keep you from posting a direct link which is essential to embedding them in a post here. No one likes having to leave the post to follow a link to a person's repository. At least I don't. Kills the train of thought almost as much as having to scroll left, right, up and down to figure out what an image is because it was uploaded here from a smart phone who's marketing claim to fame is how many Mega Pixels it's capable of. My old 1024x768 digital camera was always just right with its 3 MP image size. Even then, I'd usually resize them to 800x600, which seems ideal for an embedded image that you can see all of.These 12+ MP cameras, while great for creating portraits, are a tad heavy handed when posting forum images. Conscientious people like yourself will be challenged by smart phone marketing gurus as long as there are new models to $ell $ell $ell, with little to no additional technological advantage for buying them, other than staying one step ahead of The Jones'.

OK, spent all my morning coffee time ranting. I'll butt out but I do recommend hosting your images on postimage.org. Very intuitive and easy to harvest the link for forum posting (direct link).

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Site Discussion