Nice 6 point I harvested.

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Nice 6 point I harvested.

Postby Jaminj » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:37 am

Image This is the biggest buck I have ever harvested and I did it with my new Savage Scout 450B. I was really happy how the rifle performed, not so happy with the way the Hornady Round Preformed.
Jaminj

Re: Nice 6 point I harvested.

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:56 am

Nice buck, I'm not a FTX fan either.
Al in Mi

Postby plant_one » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:27 am

congratz

might i ask - why so unhappy with the FTX?
plant_one

Postby Jaminj » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:05 am

plant_one wrote:congratz

might i ask - why so unhappy with the FTX?

I shot this deer 3 Times to in kill area right behind the shoulder and once in the neck and I got no pass throughs on the bullet. It look like a grenade went off inside without a pass through. That makes for a problem in a lot of ways. 1st you don't have as good of a blood trail and it is not doing as much damage to the animal to make sure you get s clean kill. My 1st shot was roughly 150 yards out of a tree stand probably 25ft high. I had a Beautiful shot right behind the front shoulder I hit the deer it ran with a limp 25 yards closer. I shot again hit 2 inches back and 4 inches higher than the 1st and dropped. As I was walking up to it at about 50 yards it raised it head and tried to low crawl away, realizing a nice rack I shot for the neck down further to not affect Cape. No pass through of any of the rounds. That's a problem that the bullet is fragmenting to much on impact especially if you hit bone. Not a way I choose to hunt. I love hornady bullets overall and I use a lot of there rounds that do fragment more than most competitors out there but you still get pass through. Sorry for the long winded response
Jaminj

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:42 am

Yea been there a couple times performance wise.

If you reload there are some great bullets, if not there are a couple of custom places with good options also.
Al in Mi

Return to The Trophy Wall