2011 Hunting Season Contest

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 2011 Hunting Season Contest

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:35 pm

And that 250 Gr. Turned his insides into Meow Mix! Cool.
We've got some monster kitties around here too.
I've seen them in the same pasture where my yote story came from.
I want one bad, cuz I want to tan the hide and make a quiver for my grandson.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Ghost Dog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Very nice kitty. What's it's name, Tripod??? :lol: :lol:
My last 2 times out for coyote I've not seen a thing. Exactly what type of orange was that?
Nice job!
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:03 pm

:) nice shot(s) :D Congrats! 8-) I see you found a thread protector after all. ;)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby 9x19MdM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Ghost dog... I had a couple of those little oranges called "Cuties". Every Christmas, for as a long as I can remember, there was an orange left for us... and that tradition has continued on with my kids.

Mtn. Du... I contacted Ross and he made it.
9x19MdM

Postby wildcatter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:12 am

OK Guys, it's getting close to the New Year, so if you want to post youy story and win ya some brass, now is the time. Beings I'm the Arbitrator-of-the-Rules, I think I'm going cut off entries Midnight of the 2nd 2012 (as given on the clock on this web sight, in other words, anything that comes past midnight, is a reject.), giving those that have That day off, a little more time to post. After which, we'll start Voting, by way of PM to me (kind of like a secret ballot and I won't reveal a thing about how anyone voted, except for TexasSheepDog, cause he don't share the S'mores None). I am thinking we'll do that until 11:59:59 Saturday night. Giving me all day Sunday to tabulate the results and Announce the winners sometime Sunday. When the time comes to vote, wait until I post to start, I'm sure I'll have some more instructions then.

If you have any suggestions, cough them up, or forever hold your Peace.

We should have a little fun with this, as a mere "Swamp Story" about falling down in the Mud, while stalking that 50 Point Buck and finding MudBug in the bottom of that cesspool, could yield enough Votes..

..Ps, The Newer Guys, that don't have a clue what we are talking about, Well, start at the beginning of this Thread and start reading, you've got a great chance of winning some Brand-Newy-Shiney-Brass..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:30 am

Whats the status on the Season Contest there WC?
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:03 am

kottke_35 wrote:Whats the status on the Season Contest there WC?

Good Question...SO LETs GET STARTED..

ITS ON..

So, go to the beginning and read the rules and the stories and PM me your Vote. Rules, Rules, .."Heck-We-Dont-Need-No-Stinking-Rules".. cept'en the ones I like, for I am the Arbitrator of the so-called rules.. Let's have a little fun with this one, as the story I just got about the 10 Point Buck-Fever-Miss, so amply demonstrates..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:04 pm

So, I have been out all afternoon shooting new and exciting stuff, and came in to do a shore and look at the site. We have one vote so far and he was reluctant to vote for his own story, so I put him in anyway as a vote. I wanted to keep the voting semi-secret, wherein I was the only one who can see it and I'm not talk'en, except to tally the vote, which is why I'd like the voting done through the PM service to me personally.

The two categories are, 1). The LONGEST RANGE SHOT and 2). The Toughest Shot. I was hoping to see you guys gear up for a 400-500yds shot on an ELK, MOOSE, BIG BEAR, BISON, ETC., for the long ranged shot or for the toughest shot, I was hoping for something Heralding, like a charging Momma Moose, the most dangerious animal, at that particular moment, one can find in the Velt. I was looking to set the record straight about Long Range Killing with a long Range Killer. My goal was to put to bed that this is a mere 200yd weapon, AT BEST. And that, there is more going on, Terminal Ballistically Speaking, than anyone who uses Energies Charts Exclusively, could ever understand and I plan to Prove it, through you guys. I guess I didn't put in the Contest early enough. SO, I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT THIS SECOND, NEXT YEARS CONTEST OFFERING WILL BE A DOOZY (Like maybe a ZR1 Corvette, or a Super-Cub on floats or maybe, in reality, 100 rounds of AMMO, loaded by me personally, in say 325gr Barnes Busters (I likey for Moosey, the Polar Bears, Elephant, Cape Buffalo etc., it's the Real Deal Breaker and the last word in Terminal Performance, but way Over-Kill for 99% of everything we normally kill, but hey I love Over-Kill or I wouldn't be shooting a 450 Bushmaster), Barnes 275gr XPB (#45105 Great for long range, big dangerous animals, my pick for anything really) and Barnes 200grXPB (#45115 again Great for long range Deer sized animals), or how about my All-Time Favorite, Hornady's 230ge FMJ-FP for anything anywhere, anytime, no excuses period, take no prisoners, kind of killer), but, 100 rounds of your chosen poison, SO GEAR-UP GENTS.

Ok, now that I've been up on my Soap-Box, for a while and speaking of "Been", I'll be the only one that Votes in the Open and I Vote for.......Drum Roll...Listen for it.....Can you hear the Jeopardy Game Show Music........I Vote for, ..Little BEN.. http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172 ... AG0427.jpg. Now, he didn't post in the contest area, but I am making a Discretionary Rule Add-On for him, Which, if any of you guys have little tikes, then get them up right away, for consideration too..

This is what I mean, by lets, have a little fun with this..Like I'd like to read a good yarn about the Infamous CampFire, S'Mores Thief in the Night, well, I won't say his name, but his initials are TSD..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:13 pm

:mrgreen:

Heres the story and the pic!! Gotta love it!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10655
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Ghost Dog » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm from Chicago, ya know,"Vote early, vote often!" Them rules hold true here?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

PreviousNext

Return to The Trophy Wall