450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Speaking of dipped finishes, a friend of mine had a stock and forearm dipped at a company called Hydrographics. Hydrographics, based on a limited search of the net, is a water transfer printing process. I don't think Beretta would be particularly pleased, nor would fans of that wood look, but to each his (or her) own.
Attachments
VD with SG.jpg
Not for field use! Big hit at the trap range.
VD with SG.jpg (105.61 KiB) Viewed 13750 times
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby tridentarmory » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:36 am

wow, as limp wristed as it sounds, im a fan of the aqua color on firearms with the ol satin silver finishes.... thats a pretty shotty there.

and i like the cliff bars in the back right corner... we might be able to become friends :lol:
tridentarmory

Postby tridentarmory » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:43 am

commander faschisto wrote:Very cool rifle there, Trident! Can't complain about Bullwinkle, either...

Have you considered making forearm assemblies with a matching "dipped" finish, like they do with Realtree, etc.?

its crossed my mind... that stok is laminated, we have purchased a batch of them from a reputible manufacturer, however we found them to be weak around the area of the buffer tube and prone to splitting. the laminated is 10x better than the standard wood though, but as stated still prone to weakness.
I love the wood concept, and the laminated looks wonderful.
currently on the bench, i have a aluminum free float tube i have recently made up myself, and have wrapped it with a birch vineer, which is about 1/16" thick, adding about 1/8" to the total diameter of the tube. The issue im running into is the seam, i just dont like it.
currently the seam on the forearm is on the bottom, but the new plan is to manufacture a new design of free float tube with an area recessed in it for the wood laminate, (think like the hogue tubes where the rubber part is, ) but additionally to have a continuous top rail. This allows my wood laminate to end at the rail from either side at the top, and not look ugly( at least in theory)...

I think this will make the wood guys happy, and keep the attributes of the free float design in the plans as well.
as far as the buttstocks go, the best thing ive been able to do so far is to soak the insides of them with epoxy, and allow it to set up, and then ream it out again with a large bit, at least it helps some..... pretty hard though to put our warranty on something like those though, about 25% of em come back...
tridentarmory

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Your handguard plan sounds like a very good solution to the seam problem...hope it works out.

For the wood/laminate stocks, could you epoxy a metal liner inside the stock to take the buffer tube? Just an idea fer ye'... :?:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby etijsma » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:26 pm

here my 450, its all plain jane but i wanted to wait until i got my new scope before i put the pics up.

-xm-15 bushmaster lower
-20" 450 bushmaster upper
-burris pepr mount quick disconnect
-burris fullfield II 3.5-10x50

etijsma

Postby Hoot » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:29 pm

etijsma wrote:here my 450, its all plain jane but i wanted to wait until i got my new scope before i put the pics up.

-xm-15 bushmaster lower
-20" 450 bushmaster upper
-burris pepr mount quick disconnect
-burris fullfield II 3.5-10x50

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc155/euro_racer8v/PTDC0119.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc155/euro_racer8v/PTDC0115.jpg]

Just to set the record straight for some of us. This is not Arfcom. We love plain janes just as much as tricked out rigs. We can all appreciate the TLC that goes into dressing up a rig, but how you do it, how it works for you, how you work with it, all hold an equal if not greater value to some of us.

"A pretty face don't make no pretty heart."

It looks great! Keep us abreast of your experience with it.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Yep, I'm with Hoot here...whatever works for you is just fine, but I only mount up what is needed for a particular "mission", if you know what I mean. I can't believe all the stuff some guys hang on their weapons, apparently in the belief that no open space should go unmodified...yours looks great, man.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby tbirdman74 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Here's a pic of the bushy brothers.
Above is the varminter in 5.56, below the 450. Both simple but very effective.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:09 pm

A pair of A2 stocks no less. A man after my own heart!

Nice set Tbird.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby tbirdman74 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks Hoot, I like the A2, other than the sling attachment at the bottom back. I have an adj. T6 on one of my sks and can't get used to the flimsiness(?) of it.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles