Range report

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Range report

Postby Ruger44 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:50 pm

Picked up a dtt in 450 for 200 also a bcg and charging handle. The fit and finish was very good. Put in on a dpms lower I have after taking off my 300 bkl. Placed a set on offset iron sights on it. Had a box of 300 gr fed and 10 I loaded using a 225 flex tip from hornady. At the range I set up at 25 yds. Loaded 3 in the ar stoner mag from midway. The 300 did not feed but the 225 did. So going single shot. The offset irons are not any good for the 450. . I had several feeding and extractions issues at first. Buy the time I fired all rounds most of the problems were gone. Feeding and rejection were good brass landed on table beside me. The 300 grs sorta fed from the mag, but never complely . It would if I fired a shot then they would feed. 225feed good from the beginning. Since I was not really trying to sight in the upper my groups were every where., but I expected that. . Over all nothing that was unexpected as far as feeding and extraction.. I did noticed the brass was very hot coming out of the gun, yes it should be. But it seemed hotter the say my 270 or 06., looking forward to trying some cast bullets I have, 200 grs, should be a good plinking bullet.
Ruger44

Return to AR15 Style Rifles