drop in trigger

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: drop in trigger

Postby gunner1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 pm

I'm a single stage, curved trigger kind of guy. The Timney adjustable triggers are awesome but I've got an Elftman Tactical in both my 5.56 AR and my .450 Bushmaster AR and they are AWESOME triggers. However, they're about $240 each. The one in the .450 Bushmaster lower has a straight trigger shoe and does feel really good but I definitely like the curved shoe model better.
gunner1

Postby 303hunter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 pm

I also like Rock River triggers, but have recently been using the PSA NIB 2-stage. The provided springs are kinda stiff, but changing to Kaw Valley blue springs gave me a crisp 2 1/2 pound pull. This setup even works with Russian steel case 7.62x39, which is known for hard primers. These triggers are around $70.
303hunter

Postby kermit hunter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Good to know bout PSA. Just got one last week and was thinkin bout trying in my 7.62x39 but had previously discounted the idea. Also hate the trigger in my dedicated 22lr and was thinking bout trying it but didn't because of possible light hammer strikes. Also got a CMMG bout 3 wks ago. Haven't put either one in anything yet. Thinkin also possible 300BLK. Sorry this is getting a bit off topic original post was for 450BM specifically. I'm going to definitely put sumthin in the 450BM for planned bear hunt this time next year northern border Minnesota-canada.
kermit hunter

Postby plant_one » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 am

one of the tricks for solid ignition of hard cup primers is to use a red hammer spring.

timney has updated their triggers to use them and if you've got an older one they'll send you a new hammer and red hammer spring to update yours (or you can send them back)

i had issues with light strikes on some CBC in my lr308 a while back and i called them and that was their solution.

its also a common upgrade for standard mil-spec triggers to make them more user friendly - JP yellow trigger spring and Red hammer spring (JP sells them as a reliability kit, its like will often get you down into the 3½-4lb or so range on the pull for about $10)
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003366096

ive got a couple builds in process right now that i'm gonna be bobbing the hammers on and doing the JP spring swap on for that very reason.
plant_one

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles