Which Aftermarket Bolts Work?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Which Aftermarket Bolts Work?

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:39 pm

As recommended, this will be a sticky where members can speak from experience as to which brand, make, model they have bought to use on their 450b. Any caliber specific data such as advertised for the .458 SOCOM or other platform, will be useful as well. Don't forget to say where you bought it and yes, it can be within a complete BCG. Links regarding availability are always welcome. With dwindling supplies of shooting components, it is our goal to record as many successful options out there as possible.

Read before you post. We don't need 10 testimonials for the same make and model. A few confirmations for each will do.

Since I brought this up, can anyone vouch for This kit advertised by RightToBear.com? Namely does it reliably strip, chamber, ignite and extract good loads when paired with a good magazine?
Remember, we're not looking for how your other components contribute (or not) to the overall success of your rig. There are plenty of posts out there already speaking for or against other components.

Thanks,

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Which Aftermarket Bolts Work?

Postby Nagantguy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Who ever makes Bear Creek Arsenal bolts- they may well be made in house. Anyhow one came with the complete upper in 450 I bought from them- top notch performance through two years of load development and hunting and target shooting, as a complete BCG I’ve had not one bad experience.
URPBOLT450BM This is the part number from JSE surplus for their 450bm bolt “head” also have had 0 trouble with any bolt related issues with this . Loads extracts ejects as it should, nice finish not burrs or tool marks. It’s currently out of stock and price is $85 but I got it cheaper then that about 15 months ago. Hope this helps someone.
Nagantguy

Postby 303hunter » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:29 pm

Hoot, I have that particular kit, and I’m happy with it with one exception. The extractor spring was bad when it arrived. Rather than send it back, I changed out the spring as I had extras. Have ran several hundred rounds without problems.
303hunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:25 pm

Contact Franklin Armory. Tell them I sent ya.
https://franklinarmory.com/
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Bsharp » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:12 pm

We have at least 6 Bear Creek 450s and they all work fine, no need to spend more.
Bsharp

Postby plant_one » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:55 pm

the extractor on one of our BCA 450 bm's failed. looks like it missed hardening as it bent into the bolt face.

quick fix, BCA replaced it with just a photo of the damage. we just had them mail out the extractor and installed it instead of replacing the whole bolt.

not bagging on them in any way - anyone could have had an extractor miss its QC check after heat treat. this one held up for a few hundred rounds before it failed too. thankfully said fail was only on a doe and not a trophy buck.
plant_one

Return to AR15 Style Rifles