rineland barrels

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

rineland barrels

Postby nockhunter » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:15 pm

Any one use a Rineland (450b) barrel lately ? I did some research on the web and ran across a bunch of dissatisfied customers.

Mike
nockhunter

Re: rineland barrels

Postby brstevens » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:07 am

I bought one about a month ago to install on a 93 Mauser. Bore looks good and so does the crown, ( some people have reported the crown on their barrel needed to be redone.) The only problem with mine is the barrel finish, looks like a machine screw, will take a lot of polishing to clean it up. Might be a easy job for those with a lath. It is I do not have one.
brstevens

Postby Smokinbubba » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:14 am

I built a savage axis over the winter and my only complaint was that the muzzle thread listed on their website was different than the barrel I received. I found this out after my ross brake arrived. Rhineland has not answered any emails I have sent.
Smokinbubba

Postby brstevens » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:33 pm

I believe Rhineland list theirs as 3/4x24 thread. Is this what the Ross brake is?
I have yet to order a brake for mine, might just put on a thread protector.
I would keep on emailing them, I would not know what else to do.
brstevens

Postby s4s4u » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:39 pm

brstevens wrote:I believe Rhineland list theirs as 3/4x24 thread. Is this what the Ross brake is?
I have yet to order a brake for mine, might just put on a thread protector.
I would keep on emailing them, I would not know what else to do.

They can thread the brake however you want it. Just make sure that the threading listed is in fact what you will receive before you order the brake.
s4s4u

Postby brstevens » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:58 pm

Like you said make sure of what you have. I measured mine after your post and find it to be 5/8x24 not the 3/4x24 Rineland had stated
brstevens

Postby s4s4u » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:41 pm

brstevens wrote:Like you said make sure of what you have. I measured mine after your post and find it to be 5/8x24 not the 3/4x24 Rineland had stated

That shouldn't be a problem. Ross, well, Ross retired but his protege makes the same brake for many different chamberings and threading. Just tell him know what you have.
s4s4u

Postby brstevens » Sun May 08, 2022 7:52 pm

Think I will go with just a thread protector for the time being, That muzzle brake just does not look right to me on a short barreled bolt action.
brstevens

Postby FSJeeper » Sun May 22, 2022 10:27 am

I have 6 Rhineland Barrels installed on Mauser 98 rifles. 2 of them in 450 Bushmaster. They all function well and the accuracy is sub MOA on all of them. The finish is not really a finish, it needs polishing unless you don't mind the machined finish look.

I also used two Rhineland 450 Bushmaster Mauser barrels as blanks to have installed on Savage 99 actions. Both function well and I am pleased.

Out of the 8 total barrels, one had super tight threads for the actions that were not useable as is, I called them to ask them to clean them up and they sent me a new barrel instead of sending mine in for service or return. The service I have had from them I would rate as excellent except it took a long time to wait on the new barrel until they got a new shipment in. It was zero problem for me though.
FSJeeper

Return to Bolt Action Rifles