CVA Cascade

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

CVA Cascade

Postby CJP1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:56 pm

I upgraded from my CVA V2 Scout in 450 BM to the CVA Cascade. Even though the Cascades barrel is one inch shorter, it feels as though its recoil is less. I bought it late last year and have shot three different bullet weight hand loads in it with good results. I'm currently having issues with my neck so I won't be shooting it again for a while. I just wanted to report that I'm very impressed and happy with the Cascade rifle.
CJP1

Re: CVA Cascade

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:30 am

One of those been on my short list for a dedicated cast bullet gun.
Al in Mi

Postby CJP1 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:39 pm

This is actually my third 450 BM. I jumped into the 450 craze by buying a Ruger American Ranch rifle. It was a good starter rifle as far as I'm concerned. I learned a lot about the cartridge and reloading while I had it. I then sold it and bought the CVA v2 Scout because of the longer barrel. I also learned from owning that rifle. I realized that I liked a bolt action rather than a single shot so I sold it. I looked at plenty of bolt actions before deciding on the Cascade. I believe that I couldn't have gotten a better bolt action rifle for the money. I'm so confident in my Cascade rifle, if I was I was looking for another caliber, I would look at the Cascade first.
CJP1

Postby deadeer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:55 pm

CJP1 wrote:This is actually my third 450 BM. I jumped into the 450 craze by buying a Ruger American Ranch rifle. It was a good starter rifle as far as I'm concerned. I learned a lot about the cartridge and reloading while I had it. I then sold it and bought the CVA v2 Scout because of the longer barrel. I also learned from owning that rifle. I realized that I liked a bolt action rather than a single shot so I sold it. I looked at plenty of bolt actions before deciding on the Cascade. I believe that I couldn't have gotten a better bolt action rifle for the money. I'm so confident in my Cascade rifle, if I was I was looking for another caliber, I would look at the Cascade first.

I have been hearing this more and more. My buddy bought one in 450bm, and loves it too. I just bought an Encore barrel in 450, so will wring it out first. But a Cascade is definately on my short list for next purchase.
deadeer

Return to Bolt Action Rifles