Ruger American Ranch- any long term reviews?

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ruger American Ranch- any long term reviews?

Postby RBDMTJager » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:49 am

fox400 wrote:I have a Bergara HMR and I'm pleased with it. The ONLY complaints I have is it is heavy to carry and with my hand loads, I've had to put a very heavy spring in the mag release to keep my mags from falling out under recoil with only 1 or 2 rounds in the mag. Another one to take a look at is the CVA Cascade. My sister picked one up in 350 Legend and it's a tack driver. I looked at one when I bought my Bergara and it was a hard choice to make between the 2. In hind sight, I would buy the CVA given the choice again only to save on weight and possibly not have the issue with my mags.

Thanks for the reply and for the rifle suggestions.
It just so happens the CVA Cascade is one of the two rifles' I am seriously considering buying. If I can find it in the blued version I'd likely buy it.
I know my cheapest route is a single shot platform but I hunted one year with a NEF 920 12ga single shot. VERY accurate but it being a single shot cost me the largest deer I have EVER seen while hunting, a true monster of a BC buck. I vowed after that day to NEVER again hunt with a single shot centerfire rifle ever again, and no I didn't miss as I never took a shot.
RBDMTJager

Previous

Return to Bolt Action Rifles