Hunting experience with the Winchester XP?

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Hunting experience with the Winchester XP?

Postby Escape Pod » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:18 pm

Has anyone done hunting with the Winchester XP? Wondering if it’s a good alternative to the Hornady. Same balístics, similar accuracy, more dependable bullet dynamics in terms of entry/exit?
Escape Pod

Re: Hunting experience with the Winchester XP?

Postby coyote wacker » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Myself I will bad mouth any cup-core bullet used for any hunting except varmints and punching holes in paper....all cup-core bullets are old generation technology that worked OK back in the day because there was nothing else to use....
Now we have Cutting Edge Bullets its not new technology been around for years. I've shot 1000's of animals with them have never lost one and have only had several that went more than a couple feet most never even took a step.....DRT.... there not cheep bullets but really how many shots do you take in a year....
In the 450 Bushmaster the bullet I use is 160 gr. Raptor the base has exited every deer I've shot except one, it was shot at 180 yards facing me when shot and was ....DRT... I developed the 160 gr. Raptor for the first deer season in the Limited Gun Zone in Michigan....
If your not a handloader you can get loaded ammo from Black Butterfly ammunition they are claiming 2700 fps.....
coyote wacker

Return to Bolt Action Rifles