MOSSBERG PATRIOT 450 RIFLES?

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

MOSSBERG PATRIOT 450 RIFLES?

Postby Kevinohio » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:29 pm

I have been looking at them.are the Mossberg Patriot 450 bushmaster very accurate?
Kevinohio

Re: MOSSBERG PATRIOT 450 RIFLES?

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:06 pm

Not sure, but hopefully somebody will chime in soon.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:35 am

hopefully Thom will chime in, I know he has one and if he can't make a gun accurate he doesn't keep them long.

Mossberg rifles are real sleepers, I have a 308 MVP that about bugholes Federal 308 match ammo and pretty much every reload I've tried in it.
Al in Mi

Postby bow777 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:38 am

Hey Guys! First day here and I do have the Mossberg Patriot Predator rifle with the short 16" barrel. Overall the rifle has excellent accuracy with the ammo I have used. The Hertberger from Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas 260gr is sub moa easily and I'm shooting it with a scope that has 6x max magnification. I do use for the Federal 300gr for hunting the thick woods that I hunt. Even then, I'm about an 1" if I do my part. But all my shots are close so accuracy isn't an issue for me, but It is a thumper.
My friend purchased one as well with the same out of the box accuracy. I managed to get one that also included the open sights as well (Love it). The only thing that I didn't find to my liking was the trigger. It seems to be a hit or miss there. My friends was good but mine has ALOT of creep to it. Since I like the rifle so much, I went with the Timney trigger and no regrets at all. I have it set to 2lbs and no complaints. For the initial investment of $300 for the rifle with free delivery to my ffl, I feel that it was a steal. I won't be selling it any time soon. I forgot to add that the rifle is a breeze to carry all day as well. It's the perfect compact rifle in the woods.
bow777

Postby Hoot » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:25 am

bow777 wrote:Hey Guys! First day here and I do have the Mossberg Patriot Predator rifle with the short 16" barrel. Overall the rifle has excellent accuracy with the ammo I have used. The Hertberger from Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas 260gr is sub moa easily and I'm shooting it with a scope that has 6x max magnification. I do use for the Federal 300gr for hunting the thick woods that I hunt. Even then, I'm about an 1" if I do my part. But all my shots are close so accuracy isn't an issue for me, but It is a thumper.
My friend purchased one as well with the same out of the box accuracy. I managed to get one that also included the open sights as well (Love it). The only thing that I didn't find to my liking was the trigger. It seems to be a hit or miss there. My friends was good but mine has ALOT of creep to it. Since I like the rifle so much, I went with the Timney trigger and no regrets at all. I have it set to 2lbs and no complaints. For the initial investment of $300 for the rifle with free delivery to my ffl, I feel that it was a steal. I won't be selling it any time soon. I forgot to add that the rifle is a breeze to carry all day as well. It's the perfect compact rifle in the woods.

Welcome Aboard OM!

Wow, I guess we've hit the big times if Hirtenberger, an Austrian mortar manufacturer (appropriate), has picked up our caliber. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bow777 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 am

Pardon my misinformation. The manufacturer I was trying to refer is Herter’s sold by Bass Pro shops/ Cabelas
bow777

Postby Thom28 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:26 pm

I have the Mossberg Patriot-Walnut in both the 450BM and the 350 Legend. Very satisfied with both rifle. The fit and finish on both rifle is quality workmanship.

I reload for both rifles. Although the 450 shot groups you could cover with a dime, with the Hornady 250FTX bullet, I did not like the fact that the bullet fragmented on impact and left no blood trail. Also, I am not a fan of eating lead in my venison.
I reload the Barnes 200 and 275gr XPB bullets. I have been able to work up a load with the Barnes bullets that is as accurate as the FTX load.

For the price of the Patriot you get an accurate and dependable rifle.
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby Hoot » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:10 pm

bow777 wrote:Pardon my misinformation. The manufacturer I was trying to refer is Herter’s sold by Bass Pro shops/ Cabelas

Oh, in that case we're insulted. ;)
When I saw 260gr bullets my first thought was oh no, those awful Remington Accutips are still out there.

Hopefully they're not steel cased like some of the other Herter's calibers. George Herter would roll over in his grave if he saw what became of his company's name. Just my opinion... :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bow777 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:40 am

The bullet itself is not an accutip. It's the typical soft point jacketed bullet

Hoot wrote:
bow777 wrote:Pardon my misinformation. The manufacturer I was trying to refer is Herter’s sold by Bass Pro shops/ Cabelas

Oh, in that case we're insulted. ;)
When I saw 260gr bullets my first thought was oh no, those awful Remington Accutips are still out there.

Hopefully they're not steel cased like some of the other Herter's calibers. George Herter would roll over in his grave if he saw what became of his company's name. Just my opinion... :roll:

Hoot
bow777

Return to Bolt Action Rifles