BHW 12.5” finally put together.

T/C Encore in 450b anyone?

Moderator: MudBug

BHW 12.5” finally put together.

Postby Bmt85 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:14 pm

I ordered a Blackhole Weaponry back in November, took a little over 3 months to receive because of the holidays. Took about another month to acquire the rest of the parts. Used a Bear Creek Aresenal side charging upper that’s was on sale for cheap! Currently using an ALG EMR V2 M-lok that I had to slightly modify to fit over the BCA upper. May change that later on. Also using my grandfathered MI pistol lower. So if I do choose, I can carry it same as a handgun. Have no intention of doing so, but nice to have the option. Lol. Still need to get a couple scopes for this and my other rifles, so it will be borrowing for the time being.

Here’s a pic next to my 20” BHW.

Bmt85

Re: BHW 12.5” finally put together.

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:53 am

shweeeeet ;) can't wait for a range report, things gotta have a bark to it!!!
Al in Mi

Postby Bmt85 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Yeah, it probably will have a pretty good bark. LOL
I opted for Wilson's Q-comp. Figured it should help stay on target, and not kill me with the blast everytime I light one off. Another reason I went with it was because of the size. It only adds around 1.7" in length. I was looking at a couple other muzzle devices, one was Tromix's linear comp, but that would add about 2.8". At that point I think I would just run a 16" barrel w/ target crown as a rifle, and just skip the pistol build. Now if I build say a 10.5" for subs, than I will most likely run Tromix's linear comp.
Bmt85

Postby Bmt85 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Well took it to the range today to start breaking it in. Hornady factory ammo cycled no problem. I ran 225 FTX handloads using Lilgun. Took 38gr to get it to fully cycle. Has some pretty good recoil. Not terrible, but definitely more than if one was using a Ross brake. Also had some pretty good fire shooting out the muzzle, but not as bad as I thought. Sorry no groups or velocities, waiting until I break it in and the weather gets a little nicer.
Bmt85

Return to Pistols