Bullet Creep!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Bullet Creep!

Postby Hoot » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 am

Al in Mi wrote:Data from Barnes which I believe is the same Hogdon has listed.

No offense, but IMHO, even the max loading in those recipes appear to be driven by "Corporate Liability Lawyers". I'm not reckless like Tim was but those are some wimpy loads, even in my AR platform.
Not trying to encourage members to go off the deep end WRT safety, just comparing them to my own experience with the 275 XPB. FWIW, unless you have a real long (≥ 24 inch) barrel, CFE BLK is a joke with a 275gr bullet in this caliber. It's slower than AA1680! Not sure why that made the cut. With the popular 16 inch "pop-gun" barrels, it would be less work to just bring the CFE BLK bottle to the range and throw 1/4 of it on the ground unburned! :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Bullet Creep!

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:03 am

Hoot, my guess is Hogdon did the pressure testing for Barnes so only using their powders.

H4198 is a slower one too and I really can't see any call to use it unless maybe some super heavies
Al in Mi

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b