light loads with the 230 gr bullet

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: light loads with the 230 gr bullet

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Welcome to the campfire. Yah, you got to be careful here. This is not your ordinary round table. I am extremely proud of you guys not having knee jerk reactions on the 300 meter thing.
There is one thing that I would like to ask.
Using caps lock, all caps lock all the time gives the impression that you are screaming at us. Please save the upper case and use it sparingly.
I know it's a large campfire and Bushmeister and Gunnut are sitting over there blaring Hank Jr. over Bayou Bobs' boom box and my truck sterio playing Doug and Rusty Kershaw but really. There is no reason whatsoever to shout with caps lock turned on.
Thank you for your compliance. Welcome to the campfire, we just pulled some Boudan off the grill, have one. But careful. It's hot. Image
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Welcome to the campfire. Yah, you got to be careful here. This is not your ordinary round table. I am extremely proud of you guys not having knee jerk reactions on the 300 meter thing.
There is one thing that I would like to ask.
Using caps lock, all caps lock all the time gives the impression that you are screaming at us. Please save the upper case and use it sparingly.
I know it's a large campfire and Bushmeister and Gunnut are sitting over there blaring Hank Jr. over Bayou Bobs' boom box and my truck sterio playing Doug and Rusty Kershaw but really. There is no reason whatsoever to shout with caps lock turned on.
Thank you for your compliance. Welcome to the campfire, we just pulled some Boudan off the grill, have one. But careful. It's hot.

FWIW, when I first got online, now keep in mind that was a while before we all became so connected, I was an Amateur Radio enthusiast with a predilection for digital communications using radio as opposed to a modem or the internet like we now have. The only mode was using a Teletype and there was only one font and it was all caps. When I started frequenting bulletin boards, a predecessor to usenet news and later forums, I used all caps. One day, someone asked me why I was shouting? Huh? It was explained to me that the lack of personal inflection that electronic mediums miss out on, people used caps to emphasize emotion. Later, it was simple keyboard emoticons and now, complex emoticons. The online world would have probably been better off if I just stuck to the teletype keyboard. ;)

While shooting fixtures allow you to assess a load workup without adding the you factor to the equation, they can become a crutch and as you know, are not as rewarding as grabbing the mule by his hind parts and trying to control him to good end. I recently talked my dad into bringing his lead sled out here on his last visit and then selling him on the great idea of just leaving it here, so he doesn't have to haul it back and forth. So, I have it to test my loads with. I am none the less grateful for the time I spent learning to shoot a black rifle accurately, so I could with reasonable objectivity, test my loads for accuracy. I got that when I bought my 450B and spent that year experimenting with it and only it. Makes straddling a smaller caliber black rifle seem like child's play now. About the only time I take the lead sled to the range with me is when I'm working on someone else's rig and it is a hard recoiling caliber that I'm never going to need to master anyway.

I did once try mirror shooting with a .22 and was surprised at how easy it was for an ambidextrous person to pick up. I have also tried it trap shooting and looked quite like a spastic out there. We're an accommodating group of helpful folks here, but not so hung up on our egos so as not to feel comfortable calling out one another. We all know that door swings both ways.

So, I was sincere when I ended that post with Welcome Aboard.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Guilty. I too, am a HAM. Also, during my time in Mechanical Drawing class, our instructor Forced us to write in all CAPS. He went so far as to rob us of points on a project if he found any lower case characters. So when I got on line I got THRASHED.
While there are a few exceptions to the anti caps lock rule, we try not to "shout" too much here. (Unless we are lamenting our displeasure with the commander in thief). Keep a thick skin and learn to laugh at yourself. It is quite likely that no one here will thrash you. These guys police themselves very well and us moderators (Mudbug and myself), spend 99.959% of our time dealing with spammers that you guys never see.
Welcome to the forum. Have fun. Have a S'more. That is.... Dang it, there goes Wildcatter running off in the forest with the plate of s'mores again...
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:13 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Guilty. I too, am a HAM. Also, during my time in Mechanical Drawing class, our instructor Forced us to write in all CAPS. He went so far as to rob us of points on a project if he found any lower case characters. So when I got on line I got THRASHED.
While there are a few exceptions to the anti caps lock rule, we try not to "shout" too much here. (Unless we are lamenting our displeasure with the commander in thief). Keep a thick skin and learn to laugh at yourself. It is quite likely that no one here will thrash you. These guys police themselves very well and us moderators (Mudbug and myself), spend 99.959% of our time dealing with spammers that you guys never see.
Welcome to the forum. Have fun. Have a S'more. That is.... Dang it, there goes Wildcatter running off in the forest with the plate of s'mores again...

It's my turn to baby sit Wildcatter, I'll go get him. who let him off the leash?!

I too was a mechanical and architectural drafter in high school. Still write in all caps today. Old habits die hard I guess!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b