250GRN DPX

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: 250GRN DPX

Postby alaskabushmaster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:15 am

I think the reason I call them dpx is one day a friend with a 45 auto had a box of Corbon. He said you should put a dpx in the bushy and its stuck in my mind.
MOM I WANNA GO FAST!!!! "RICKEY BOBBY"
alaskabushmaster

Postby wildcatter » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:57 am

Dont need to change the name, we understood, in the first place, but the clarification was important.

Barnes makes three XPB's. Your's is the 250 with the large hollow -point. The 200's and 275's are fairly pointed. I love these bullets for ranges over 200yds and close in they are great too.

The FMJ's, we talked about, are an inexpensive way to getting Superior results on Big-Dangerous-Animals. The ultimate, and not just because I designed the bullet, is the Barnes Busters, 325gr. Though expensive, a two Moose solution, can be a quit normal, reality. The BB's are Hard-Lead, surrounded by abnormally thick jackets. sporting a flat-point, for maximum destruction. These are Serious Penetration Killers.

The truth is, all of the bullets we use are good to go, because, even if the bullet fails, we've got so much reserve kinetic energy, we can decide any issue, all issues. Now, I might not choose a bullet, designed for the 45 Colt, on Moose, but under the right circumstances, they could/can/do, work well..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:25 pm

alaskabushmaster wrote:Oh wow I'm sorry guys. You are correct r it is the XPB not DPX good catch! I went and double checked the box. That is the correct link on the bullet. Ill try and change the name of the thread if I can. Try these Guys you will be impressed with accuracy tissue upset and penetration. For me they print an inch and a half high over factory ammo with about 1 and a half inch groups.

You can always hit the edit button in your post and make changes.
Thanx for the clarification.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Alas! Thanks for clearing that up. I spent the majority of my night at work searching for the bullets and could only come up with the xpb's. Thanks for your contribution to the forum, look forward to hearing more successful stories down the road!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed May 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey Alaska, here is a video of my latest penetration test.
This was the Hornady 230 Gr FMJ Flat Point over 44.5 Grains of LilGun with the LeGendre Side crimp.
Running approximately 2520FPS.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt7SAzXu ... ata_player
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Thu May 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Hey Alaska, here is a video of my latest penetration test.
This was the Hornady 230 Gr FMJ Flat Point over 44.5 Grains of LilGun with the Legendre Side crimp.
Running approximately 2520FPS.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt7SAzXu ... ata_player

You're really doing Yomen's work with these video's, eyes are starting to come Wide open (This ain't your Great-Great Grandpas 45-70, by any definition).

FYI..Just Sooz-ya-Nose, LeGendre has two Capital letters in it, just saying. And besides you could always comment, how, LeGendre is Brad Pit's Body Double and stuff like that, wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey Tim, iPhone spell check does that sometimes. I usually have to retype it to correct.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Fri May 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Body double, eh?....do you specialize in any particular area of interest? ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby bushmeister » Sun May 06, 2012 8:09 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Body double, eh?....do you specialize in any particular area of interest? ;)

Last time I saw him, I'd guess his best bet would be hand model.... :lol:
bushmeister

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b