Bullet Resizing Question??

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Bullet Resizing Question??

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Hoot wrote:
Al in Mi wrote:Hoot, I have sectioned a few bullets from time to time after I resized, and I never seen much for a seperation gap, like the core just falling out type of thing. Even when sizing 44cals down to .416 in .004 steps it was nil and that was a extreme resize.

I have also seen no accuracy difference in the .429 to .416 resize, nor the .458's to .452 in the ML's so far, at least nothing that has jumped out at me.

Thanks Al. It's reassuring to know someone thought to check into that and even better news to learn that it has no impact. Opens up some doors I'm looking at for a 200gr FTX in .429. I have some in .452. Is resizing some down to .429 an overly optimistic idea using just my Rockchucker? With a generous deployment of Imperial Wax, taking .458s down to .452 went what I would call easy. Not so sure with a bigger jump. Don't want to collapse the hollow point part.

Hoot

Heck No, I did a bunch and I swear the accuracy improved.

You'll have to use many steps, but the Imperial will minimize that shore..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b