What powder to use?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: What powder to use?

Postby wildcatter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Ah. Thanx. I was getting excited there for a moment.

Just for the Record, I was saying that Cast Performance "says", their Hard Cast, Gas Checked bullets, are good, up-to, 3000fps, "NOT" that we could ever achieve such speeds, with their 395gr bullet. The Standard 450b can not achieve theses velocities, without some Seriously Dangerous, Consequences..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:25 pm

wildcatter wrote:Somebody will give you a "Quick Load" starting load...snip
..t

Actually, the highest .451-.452 bullet in the QL dastabase is 325gr. Nothing higher.

The only way anyone is going to get that bullet up to 3k fps from an intact 450 Bushmaster is to place it in the rifle and the rifle in the warhead of a missile. For the sake of repeatability of the result, just don't let N. Korea do the testing for you. ;)

Gotta love the press. Someone snapped a picture of Kim Jong Un standing next to three senior looking military guys who are all smiles and clapping, but Kim Jong Un has this look on his face like "What a Cluster-F### !" That picture is as they say, priceless. :lol:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby randyf » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:48 am

Hoot wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Somebody will give you a "Quick Load" starting load...snip
..t

Actually, the highest .451-.452 bullet in the QL dastabase is 325gr. Nothing higher.

The only way anyone is going to get that bullet up to 3k fps from an intact 450 Bushmaster is to place it in the rifle and the rifle in the warhead of a missile. For the sake of repeatability of the result, just don't let N. Korea do the testing for you. ;)

Gotta love the press. Someone snapped a picture of Kim Jong Un standing next to three senior looking military guys who are all smiles and clapping, but Kim Jong Un has this look on his face like "What a Cluster-F### !" That picture is as they say, priceless. :lol:

Hoot

What does quick load show for the 325gr bullet?

For the 395gr I'm thinking around 29-30 gr 1680..
randyf

Postby Hoot » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:14 am

[quote="randyf"
What does quick load show for the 325gr bullet?
For the 395gr I'm thinking around 29-30 gr 1680..[/quote]

It's all over the place depending upon which make and model .451 or .452, 325gr bullet, seated to what COL?

Based on what I saw for the 325s, you're in safe territory loading those 395s ahead of 29-30gr 1680

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Hoot wrote:Gotta love the press. Someone snapped a picture of Kim Jong Un standing next to three senior looking military guys who are all smiles and clapping, but Kim Jong Un has this look on his face like "What a Cluster-F### !" That picture is as they say, priceless. :lol:

Hoot

Saw the same photo. My interpretation was that the three military guys were pretending Kim Jong WTF wasn't even there, and he was looking at them to get his cue to clap. I'm thinking the military is the real power behind the (kiddie) throne, and they were more than happy to let KJWTF take the "credit" for the missle.

But I have hijacked the thread - the pirates are now abandoning ship. :)
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b