250 TEZ Powder

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

250 TEZ Powder

Postby fox400 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:51 am

Now that deer season is winding down here in Michigan I find my self wanting to do some experimenting. I've been reloading the 275 TSX for a few years and have had zero issues with this bullet on whitetails in both my AR and my Bergara, but my curiosity is begging me to play with the 250 grain TEZ muzzleloader bullet. I've contacted Barnes about the bullet and it has a slightly lower expansion velocity, 250 TEZ(1100 fps) / 275 TSX(1200fps), and the BC is a tad better. Where I hunt I have the opportunity to take some shots at 250-275 yards quite frequently so the lower expansion velocities of both bullets are very appealing.

Has anyone out there reloaded this bullet with success? I have Lil Gun(purchased within the last couple of years) and H110 and have been using the H110 for the 275's and it's been great. I'm leaning towards that same powder for the 250 TEZ's. I've been reading through a bunch of forum posts, but have not stubbled across any info on these bullets and H110.

These will be loaded in my Bergara B14 HMR, so I've got plenty of space in the magazine to load longer, which I do on the 275's. I have a pile of Rem 7 1/2 primers and plenty of once fired Hornady brass. I'm waiting on a new base and rings for my Bergara as I have been having issues with the DNZ mount I have on it now, so I have some time to work up a new batch of loads to try out when my new base and rings show up. And while I'm at it, I'm going to upgrade the scope as well.lol

Matt
fox400

Re: 250 TEZ Powder

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:01 am

what issues were you having with that DNZ mount? I run that mount on everything and never had a hiccup with them.

I shot a few of the 290gr TEZ from a MGM Encore 460 barrel, they shot great, never had a hair test but expect they would work like any other Barnes.
Al in Mi

Postby fox400 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:13 am

The mount is not holding zero. It's "walking" and throwing my zero off. Happened last year and happened again this year. I've checked and double checked all the screws and the torque for all of them. I also verified the scope is not the issue. I have a close friend who shoots professional long range for Leupold and also works at a local gun shop and he said they have stopped carrying the DNZ mounts all together because they have had multiple instances of this happening on various rifles. I love the idea of the mount, but not holding zero isn't gonna fly.lol

I'm upgrading to a "bullet proof' setup that is probably overkill, but I'm tired of having to mess with my rifle mid season. I actually put it back in the safe and brought out my muzzle loader because I don't trust it.

Al in Mi wrote:what issues were you having with that DNZ mount? I run that mount on everything and never had a hiccup with them.

I shot a few of the 290gr TEZ from a MGM Encore 460 barrel, they shot great, never had a hair test but expect they would work like any other Barnes.
fox400

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:22 am

They must of changed something manufacturing wise, were always my go to mount. Have to keep that in mind if I do another project.

Bear Creek Ballistics makes a dandy bullet as does Maker. I have both loaded for my Raptor, hoping to hair test them in late doe season.
Al in Mi

Return to Reloading for the 450b