Update on the 450 bushmaster Thumper group on Facebook

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Update on the 450 bushmaster Thumper group on Facebook

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:31 pm

This is just a heads up to everyone who is still on Facebook and is a member of the two different 450 bushmaster groups there.

First of all, I want to welcome all new members to this forum and to our group on Me We. I believe that we have the best firearms forum in the industry and the best members who have throughout the last 11 years proven time and time again that this is one of the friendliest firearms forums in the world. I can’t speak for Hoot but I’m sure he will agree with me that you guys are some of the most friendly, helpful and encouraging folks in the 450 Bushmaster community. We really appreciate your patience with us as we try to keep this forum user-friendly, civilized, and informative and above all, safe.

As y’all know, Facebook has kicked me off permanently. However I now have two family members, my son and my cousin who are moderating and administrating those two groups. There will not be any real changes to the way the two groups are governed. However, we still ask that no reloading data or range reports be published on Facebook. That data needs to continue to be published here exclusively on this forum. You may use links from this forum regarding range reports on Facebook posts to refer people here. But please do not discuss powder loads or other reloading data on Facebook. It could get the group in a lot of trouble. Plus a few of those people on Facebook, you can’t trust them. They might be giving you some crap data that could get your face blown off. My advice to everyone is to not trust any loads published on Facebook until you can confirm them here with the Hornady books and our data first.

There’s no such thing as a stupid question on this forum. The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. If you make an inquiry here and feel that you are being disrespected by someone, we want to know. We don’t tolerate that type of behavior and we do not tolerate trolls. We know you’re going to ask questions that may, to us, seem repetitive. Our answers may be by giving you a link to something already published, but no one including myself, should never be rude to you. And if I have been short or rude to any of you, I apologize. I’m just human and the last few years have been pretty rough on me, and sometimes things hit me the wrong way and I get a little snippy. However that doesn’t excuse my response and it doesn’t give anyone else a license to behave that way either. I want this group to continue to be one of the friendliest firearms forums in the world.

And remember, MeWe is the back up group and rally point in the event things get sticky on Facebook. I am the owner of the group on MeWe. Even when it comes to MeWe, I would prefer that there be no reloading data published on that group. I know that it happens. But you’re gonna have to do your research and double check these people on MeWe as well as Facebook. Our team here on the forum will answer any questions you might have about any published loads you see elsewhere. If you see anything dangerous, screen captures would be essential so that we can refer them to the administrators on those sites. That being said, it all comes down to you. At the risk of repeating myself and the words of the late Timothy LeGendre / a.k.a. WildCatter, YOU are solely responsible for the loads that you create. In this forum we have warned everyone time and time again to use extreme caution when reloading because we are not responsible if you blow yourself up. Some of our earlier published loads do not apply to these newer rifles that have the 1:16 twist or any other rifle twists other than the original 1:24 twists. You will have to start over and work your load up slowly.

In closing, I want to once again thank everyone for their contributions and collaboration to make the 450 Bushmaster one of the most accurate, hard hitting, fun and fascinating cartridges to hit this nation in the last 15 years. I know we face some challenging times ahead, and that components are hard to come by right now, and I can’t say with confidence that things are going to improve anytime soon. But we are all very resourceful and blessed. We are scrappers and warriors and we will get through this together. We survived eight years of obama so I believe we can struggle through another 3 as long as we stay united and not let the left divide us with their KungFlu bull crap and other tactics that pit us against one another.
I hope everyone has a very safe and merry Christmas and an uneventful yet prosperous new year.

6315073D-671C-4A26-B0DE-B28E70E192FC.jpeg
6315073D-671C-4A26-B0DE-B28E70E192FC.jpeg (68.43 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Update on the 450 bushmaster Thumper group on Facebook

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:33 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

F07DC7ED-9432-40FE-B35A-666C60F60B46.jpeg
F07DC7ED-9432-40FE-B35A-666C60F60B46.jpeg (110.83 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:12 pm

you mentioned not publihshing reloading data on FB... is that a FB thinks its naughty thing?

i'm in the legend group there and people throw load data and range reports around quite a bit and nobody says anything about it.

obviously i appreciate the safety factor and all that of using internet published data...

just curious thats all.
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:34 pm

plant_one wrote:you mentioned not publihshing reloading data on FB... is that a FB thinks its naughty thing?

i'm in the legend group there and people throw load data and range reports around quite a bit and nobody says anything :? about it. :? :cry:

obviously i appreciate the safety factor and all that of using internet published data...

just curious thats all.

For safety reasons as well as pricking the warped sensibilities of the Facebook Nazis, I don’t think it’s a good idea to take and use any powder data from any Facebook group and I don’t think it’s a good idea to post that type of information on Facebook because you never know when someone will blow themselves or their guns up and then they say “I got the data off of Facebook…” and all hell breaks loose.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Reloading for the 450b