Bolt Gun owners who use other than Lil'Gun powders

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Bolt Gun owners who use other than Lil'Gun powders

Postby RBDMTJager » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:40 pm

Was wondering for those with a goodly amount of experience reloading for BOLT GUNS who use powders other than Hodgdon Lil'Gun for reloading bullets at or below 260 grains are there any advantages of using for example Ramshot Terminator or AA#9, or H110 VS Lil'Gun? I can AT THIS moment currently get Ramshot Terminator and H110 with regularity and I already have 8# of Lil'Gun of the same lot#. 8lbs of Lil'Gun = +/- at least 1400 450BM reloads.

My Cascade in 450BM is mostly for a hunting application and only on public grounds where I can not use my HP rifles who's case length exceeds 1.7"so while I will be shooting it with decent regularity it definitely will not get shot as often as would my Savage FP10 or other fun-gun rifles and carbines in HG or rimfire calibers. I will add I will likely be adding a second 450BM rifle to my collection as my oldest due to a quite unexpected change in his collage schedule will soon have have the free time to go firearm deer hinting with me on public grounds in my home state.

I've only just begun reloading for 450BM so I have zero experience to base powder selection for reloading on (other than what I find from reliable sources) and under the current circumstances I feel it very wise to continue my decades old policy of stockpiling all the reloading components I need I can find as I have done since comrade Klinton was in office.

I only have so much $$$ to spend on reloading and while I do not need primers or really need powder for 450BM I still need to acquire a sizable stockpile of bullets and brass and with brass at .80c each and bullets at over .60c each I have to make as fiscally responsible of use of my funds as I can and unless I am likely to see significant gains using a powder ither than Lil'Gun my money would be better spent on acquiring more brass but especially more hunting suitable projectiles.

Thanks to those who share thier experience with me.
RBDMTJager

Re: Bolt Gun owners who use other than Lil'Gun powders

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:01 pm

I use a lot of 300MP and CFE BLK for the heavier bullets.
Al in Mi

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:46 am

300MP I switched to when H110/296 was nonexistent, it's a couple grains slower, and I have ran identical H110 loads with it and was no difference in accuracy.

CFE BLK has really shined with heavier bullets, both in accuracy and speeds.
Al in Mi

Postby RBDMTJager » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:48 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Based on my quite satisfactory results using Lil'Gun Ill stay with Lil'Gun.
RBDMTJager

Return to Reloading for the 450b