Remmy #7-1/2 primers in stock at Midway!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Remmy #7-1/2 primers in stock at Midway!

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:20 pm

The Gold Standard for reloading the 450b is finally back in stock: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601120656?pid=120656
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Remmy #7-1/2 primers in stock at Midway!

Postby Hoot » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:37 pm

Pucker up however. After Shipping, Hazmat and Sales Tax, they're around $132.75 a brick!
Remember when you could get a brick for $40 at the local reloading shop? I refuse to believe that the damn cost of manufacturing has gone up 300% in 2 1/2 years.

Too many reloaders just had to have their fix, regardless of the cost and the market got the message What the market will bear., loud and clear. :roll:

These are sad times my friends... :(

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:00 pm

Hey, Hoot...I'm pretty sure I saw a (*) note at the bottom of the website page that all orders include a free 6oz. tube of K-Y....
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:19 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Hey, Hoot...I'm pretty sure I saw a (*) note at the bottom of the website page that all orders include a free 6oz. tube of K-Y....

:lol:

I'm laughing partly because I still have the better part of a brick of them. I wouldn't be if I was in dire need of some however. Dwindling supplies, some of which I can thank you for, are curtailing my range time. I'll confess that I've also been enamored with some bottleneck calibers that I can thank my now deceased Dad for. I'd trade them all to have him sitting here laughing at my fastidious case prep but life goes on with or without us. I still have the memories and I'm creating new ones playing with these bottleneck calibers, trying to keep groups below .25 MOA. :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby coyote wacker » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:25 am

I still have over 3 - bricks of Remington 7 1/2's and a couple hundred 450 BM new cases primed....7 1/2's have been one of my favorite primers going back to the early 80's and the 7 mm BR....I've always try to keep a couple thousand on the shelve....

Sure would be great if Starline made the switch to LR primers on there brass for the 450 BM.....
coyote wacker

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:28 pm

0.25 MOA?...dang, that's basically a one-hole group isn't it? If anyone can do it, it will be the Hootster... :o
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:23 pm

commander faschisto wrote:0.25 MOA?...dang, that's basically a one-hole group isn't it? If anyone can do it, it will be the Hootster... :o

Quarter inch grid. This is my 6mm Creedmoor from a few days ago. It took something like 50 rounds of ladder tests, over a 10 day period to find the best group for those three powders and that was with the help of QuickLoad. There are more powders waiting for their moment in the sun but I suspect that this last spate of warm (by standards) weather before the bottom drops out. Many years it already has by now.

I believe Oscar Wilde said ":You make your own hell." ;) People I run into at the range just down the road ask me if I reload because I shoot. My default reply is I shoot because I reload. I love the science at work. My curiosity comes with a price tag however and unfortunately the greedy among us are intent upon increasing the price of knowledge. QuickLoad has saved me from heading down dead end streets a lot. Image

Hoot

I apologize for the hijack. 7 1/2's rule!
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:31 am

Nice!...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby plant_one » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:35 pm

Hoot wrote:Pucker up however. After Shipping, Hazmat and Sales Tax, they're around $132.75 a brick!
Remember when you could get a brick for $40 at the local reloading shop? I refuse to believe that the damn cost of manufacturing has gone up 300% in 2 1/2 years.

Too many reloaders just had to have their fix, regardless of the cost and the market got the message What the market will bear., loud and clear. :roll:

These are sad times my friends... :(

Hoot

it really is a sad time.

hopefully as remington continues to ramp up production after the restart post bankruptcy, the market will start to settle down a bit. as well as slowing down some of the demand as people start to get their supplies back up a bit since these were unobtanium for so long.
plant_one

Return to Reloading for the 450b