Anyone tried the Bear Crek Ballistics bullets?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Anyone tried the Bear Crek Ballistics bullets?

Postby duckhunt » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:07 pm

Has anyone tried any of the Bear Creek Ballistics bullets? Or their HV ammo for that matter?

I just ran across a video of theirs. You can find them here: https://bearcreekballistics.com/product ... g-bullets/

It looks like it could work very well. I've been happy with the FTX, but it seems that the longer barreled platforms may be pushing the 250gr FTX to its limits. This all copper bullet has better ballistic coefficient and expands to quite the serious slug.

They sell bullets, but I haven't seen any reloading data. I could buy a different powder, but I've sort of made a lifetime investment in Lil'Gun. :lol:
duckhunt

Re: Anyone tried the Bear Crek Ballistics bullets?

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:41 am

I've shot a few from the 45 Raptor, 2"ish I primarily got them for my #1 450 but it's taken a back burner to other projects :o

Have a buddy who tried their loaded ammo in his CA, 4" groups the normal, but a Ruger American drilled them. On the flip side, factory Barnes drilled thru his CA and 3" from the Ruger.

Bear Creek Data listed in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17069
Al in Mi

Re: Anyone tried the Bear Crek Ballistics bullets?

Postby AR Sarge » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:16 am

I’ve been using their 160gr 350 Legend factory loaded ammo for a few years.

Groups are about 1.5” at 100 yards with my 12.5” KAK el-cheapo barrel topped with a 4x scope.

I’ve killed five or so deer with them and have been pleased with their performance.
AR Sarge

Return to Reloading for the 450b