first reloads got stuck in chamber,too warm?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: first reloads got stuck in chamber,too warm?

Postby Adrian8 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm

On my reloads using the "bought" brass there is a very large burr on the case mouth that needs to be removed..This is not on the factory loaded ammo, and sometimes the extractor leaves a big burr on the rim of fired cases.
Adrian8

Postby Adrian8 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm

On my reloads using the "bought" brass there is a very large burr on the case mouth that needs to be removed..This is not on the factory loaded ammo, and sometimes the extractor leaves a big burr on the rim of fired cases.
Adrian8

Postby tkknc » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:40 pm

I realized this week why my loads need 36 gr to eject and hoots need less. I have been using one of these to keep my brass from going into the cactus. I need enough energy to get the brass into the bag without stovepiping.
Attachments
IMG_4219 (Small).JPG
IMG_4219 (Small).JPG (56.9 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
tkknc

Postby rohk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 pm

I have one of those, took a 1"x2" i believe and cut it to just fit then push it as far as possible into the plastic while in storage, keeps the plastic "square" and helps with ejection.
rohk

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 am

I forget where, but somewhere I read about cutting a strip from a plastic milk jug, stapling it into a hoop and putting it inside the bag neck to keep it open. Works just like downtown! Experiment with the size of the resulting hoop to get the dimension such that it fits tight inside the neck and it will stay in place. Some folks actually staple it in place, but I haven't had any trouble getting it to stay in place from simple friction.

It gets a little sooty due to its location, but if that bothers you, you can wipe it clean with a paper towel moistened with some solvent. I just throw mine in one of my ammo boxes that I take to the range and it has held its shape just fine. If it does get kinked, Got Milk?

Here's some images.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b