Old School

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Old School

Postby Zad Fnark » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:50 pm

Apart from all the Bushmaster goodness. I've been having fun with my older rifles.

Here's my model 1868 Springfield, chambered in the venerable .50-70 Government. I bought a bunch of brass from Starline some years ago when it was cheap at about .50 per round. It's gone up since then. I also have a model 1866, which was the Army's first centerfire rifle. Both of these have beautiful bores in them.

I've loaded a bunch in smokeless, using 5744. You hardly feel these when fired. Lately, I've gotten into loading more with 70 grains of FFG. I find I like the smoke from these. I've found cleaning the bore of black powder is pretty easy if I use my pressure washer.

Zad Fnark

Re: Old School

Postby plant_one » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:11 am

Zad Fnark wrote: I've found cleaning the bore of black powder is pretty easy if I use my pressure washer.

a pressure washer? thats all it takes? sounds ez peazy! :shock: :shock:
plant_one

Postby Mangon » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:21 am

That's old school indeed. Beautiful rifle, Zad. How much smoke do they produce btw?
Mangon

Postby Zad Fnark » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 am

Plenty. A bunch of them would probably make the range look like a CIvil War battlefield. :D
Zad Fnark

Return to Firearms