Calling on Pro Glock Armorers. Quick question.

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Calling on Pro Glock Armorers. Quick question.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:56 am

This is for Glock sights only.
I have a big debate going on here at the farm. My old mepro light sites on my Glock G26 seem to have lost their intensity, (22 years old), and I’m replacing them with some fresh new Trijicon sites. The debate is regarding the installation of the front sight. Which Loctite is preferable, the ones around the 242 to 246 range or should I go up into the 300 range? I’m being told up around 370 is the best Loctite for the 3/16 screw for the front sight. As small as that screw is, I don’t want to put anything too crazy hard on there, but I don’t want it to work loose from shooting either. I want it to be where I can still loosen the screw by hand without screwing anything up. And yes sometimes I do shoot to a point it gets pretty warm. Plus it stays in the hot truck during the summer days. If you’re a Glock armorer or have a lot of experience with Upgrading/replacing Glock sights, please tell me what you think.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Calling on Pro Glock Armorers. Quick question.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:04 am

:shock: Wow. Nobody? :o LMAO :lol: :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:06 am

OK.....so if anybody is wondering.....and since nobody seems to know, I called Trijicon and spoke with a tech.
He said that Locktight #242 blue is what they recommend.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby offrink » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:06 pm

I’m definitely not an armorer so I was here to learn. I use the same stuff when I take apart a coleman lantern and reassemble the valve into the fount. That locktite can be a lubricant while you tighten it so make sure you don’t make it to snug because with the glue and the extra lubrication you can get them to tight and they won’t come out easily.
offrink

Postby plant_one » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm

ya sorry man.. i dont own a BLOCK so i know very little about them, no less tinkering with them :)

thanks for the input though. always willing to read and learn a little
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:50 pm

plant_one wrote:ya sorry man.. i dont own a BLOCK so i know very little about them, no less tinkering with them :)

thanks for the input though. always willing to read and learn a little

I used to call them “Blocks”. Until I spent about 30 minutes with a Glock Representative
on a pistol range in Tennesee back in 1998 during Duck Fest. He let me shoot several models.
I liked them all. S&W Representatives were total pompous asses. Taurus rep didn’t seem to really
Want me as a client. The Ruger rep was nice but the pistols are just too bulky and heavy.
H&K & Sig reps were okay but their pistols were out of my price range plus I didn’t shoot them
As well as I did the Glocks. So I went with a Glock G26 back in 1998. I love this pistol even today.
Today I own 5 Glocks. That same G26 from 1998, a G21, a G20SF and two G44s.
The old night sights on my G26 didn’t glow anymore and the 20 and 21 only had OEM standard sights
on them so I decided to replace/ upgrade all 3 pistols to Trijicons.
I am very happy with the results. And now I have the tools to help my friends replace/upgrade their sights
On their Glocks.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:06 am

i use the term BLOCKS affectionately.

i dont own one simply because the grip angle seems a little off for me. i know they're reliable and all that.
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:43 am

I thought so too at first. But the CS rep showed why the grip is like that. It has to do with the angles inside your wrist when you’re shooting under stress. You tend to hyper extend your wrist and with most other firearms this angle causes you to shoot below your intended target. The way the Glock aligns your wrist, the aim is more accurate and the recoil is more manageable.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Firearms