Any 10mm Loaders out there?

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Any 10mm Loaders out there?

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:14 pm

Since this is the “General Reloading” section, I think I can safely have this discussion here.
So how many of you guys have some years under your belt with reloading the 10mm? I’m
about to become the proud daddy of a Glock Gen 3 G20 SF and all my reloading gear has been
ordered except for primers and powders. So just imagine I’ll be loading anything from 155 grain
to 200 grain bullets and if you would, give me some tips and tricks and pet load info here.
What brand of primers?
What’s your fav powder?
Favorite bullets?
Pet loads?
Thanks guys.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Any 10mm Loaders out there?

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:06 am

Morning Dawg, tons of info from mild to wild on this link. http://10mm-firearms.com/index.php

I sold my ancient Colt Delta last year and bought a pair of M&P 45's. More so just to consolidate calibers, but set one up for 45 Super.
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:28 am

Al in Mi wrote:Morning Dawg, tons of info from mild to wild on this link. http://10mm-firearms.com/index.php

I sold my ancient Colt Delta last year and bought a pair of M&P 45's. More so just to consolidate calibers, but set one up for 45 Super.

Thanks Al. I’ll browse it a little, however I don’t want to join yet another group forum. This one keeps me busy enough.
Still, I would still rather get feedback from our members, guys I know somewhat better.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:54 am

Like here, they are a good bunch of guys with a ton of 10mm knowledge.

When I loaded 10mm, Accurate #7 was thee powder to use. Today Power Pistol or Longshot seem to be the go to powders.

When we were in Alaska couple years ago, there were more Glock 20's on the Russian river than anything else. Hardcast Buffalo Bore or Underwood was the ammo of choice.
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:41 am

Looks like A#9, Blue Dot both are very versatile as well. I’m trying to get an idea regarding powder as I like buying powder that all my pistols like.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby uuolf » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:47 am

Have owned a S&W 1006 since 1990 and have been loading for it over 25 years. Seems the cartridge is getting some well deserved press over the last few years. I'll go pull out my logs from over the years and post my favorite recipes. It has been really easy to load for. I also shoot 40 S&W through it when "plinking".
uuolf

Postby offrink » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:38 pm

I have only fired a few hundred rounds from my xdm 10mm. I use blue dot and mostly used Speer 180 grain flat nosed fmj and 180 grain gdhp. I got good results with 10.6 grains of blue dot. I have also used 200 grain xtp bullets but don’t remember the reduced powder load. This is from a new gun and work in my gun with no issues but please reload reasonably. At 15 yards I have 3 1/2” groups all day with half touching or in the bull. I had tired arms before I decided to stop. I need to get to work strengthening my pistol shooting muscles.
offrink

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:33 am

I’ll be loading for my new Glock G20SF Gen3. Thought long and hard about the Gen 4 but I think I’ll like the Gen 3 G20SF better. And trust me. I ain’t gonna be pushing any envelopes with my loads. A man’s got to know his limitations. I think I’ve flirted with disaster on too many other occasions. I’m not going to tempt karma with this one. People keep mentioning blue dot. Is that a very common powder? I’ve never used it for any of my other pistol rounds. I need to do some research to find out if I can use blue dot for my other calibers. Anyone using AA7 or AA9? Win231?
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:18 am

The most frustrating thing right now is waiting for everything to ship. Oh my God, Midway USA, get off your asses. Sometimes I think these vendors are just using COVID-19 as an excuse to sit on their asses. It takes me a minute to realize other states have different protocols in place. Here in Texas we are getting back to work. And I never left work. As a matter of fact, I’ve been working 12 hour shifts for the last 3 weeks. I rarely get to come home for very long, and I get about four hours sleep for every 48 hours. I am worn slap out. But treating wastewater is considered an essential job. And I definitely agree. Water is life. And we are treating about 64,000,000 gallons a day on a slow day. My guys are worn out as well. My supervisor lasted a week and a half and has been off sick for the last 6 days. He scared the doodoo out of all of us. He started coughing and yakking a couple of weeks ago. Yep he had to get tested. His test was negative, he just had a real bad case of bronchitis. But had he tested positive, it would’ve taken 10 more staff members including myself and all the other supervisors out of the game for two weeks. That would’ve been a literal disaster.
On a more personal note. My mom is in a memory care unit. She has dementia. A few weeks ago, she fell and destroyed her right knee, and had to have it rebuilt. It had already been three weeks since I had seen mom when this happened as the assisted living and memory care unit had been in lockdown for three weeks. I was not able to go to the hospital to see mom at all. Now mom has moved to a rehab unit, and it is in lockdown. Mom does not communicate over the phone for whatever reason, she doesn’t acknowledge it. Therefore I have been unable to talk to my mom for almost 2 months. Mom‘s dementia has progressed rapidly during the last two months due to her injury and the surgery.
This COVID-19 has really screwed up this country. And I’m going to say this right now, and it may not sit well with a few of you, but I blame China. I don’t blame Trump. I do think that the prior Obama administration has some reckoning to do. But I also think other past administrations have been too chummy with China for the last few decades. And this is the result. And now you see these state and local politicians taking advantage of the situation and enacting their own little statist lockdowns and you see a handful of police officers who don’t understand their job because they never really studied the bill of rights violating the rights of certain citizens and I think all of that is going to come back and bite some of these politicians in the ass in a big way. And I’m not just talking about elections. I’m talking about lawsuits. Lawsuits claiming violations of constitutional rights. We need to start watching these cases as they are brought to court. Here in Texas, specifically Collin County, all jobs were considered as essential when Collin County went to shelter in place. So most people continue to go to work. However some restaurants did close down. A few other businesses have also closed down just out of a degree of safety on their own accord. But I heard Sunday, the governor Abbott is about to put Texas back in business again and this lockdown is coming to an end. This needs to happen sooner than later for the whole country. We have as a country, found a successful treatment for this virus. We have not yet found a vaccine, and it seems that vaccines in general are becoming very controversial. So that’s going to be a pain in the ass for a while. But at least we know how to treat victims of this COVID19 virus. The behavior of the virus is still up in the air, no pun intended. The social distancing of 6 foot is now questionable and some are saying now that 10-37 feet might be more effective. Wearing a face mask seems to be an appropriate thing to do if you go out in public. But around a known victim/patient is mandatory. So keep that in mind. I keep one in my pocket made out of a bandanna and two hairbands for ponytails. They’re very easy to make. I’m sure you’ve seen it on Facebook. If I get into a situation where people are going to be closer to me than 6 feet I will put it on. I am one of those who is at risk of getting this virus and not surviving it. I have underlying medical issues. But the sooner we see a legitimate vaccine for this virus, the sooner we can get back to being America again. But as long as people like Bill Gates who think they are doctors are involved in this chaos, I will not be getting any vaccines from that asshole or any other asshole who has ulterior motives.
This post is not intended to spark any debate. I am simply venting due to my current situation. This is simply how COVID-19 has affected me personally. So please, don’t come back at me trying to correct me on what is MY PERCEPTION of this chaos. I’m not looking for anyone else’s opposing opinion on my personal perceptions.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:44 am

Okay. So I reluctantly joined the 10mm forum. They seem to be fairly nice towards each other. I haven’t interacted with any of them although I did post an introduction only a few hours ago. It looks like I may have my pistol by Monday. I still haven’t found any powder that I’m looking for.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to Reloading