cronograph

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

cronograph

Postby geotek230 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:22 pm

a chronograph is next item to purchase for me. What chronographs are people using and why did you choose the one you have or what would you like to replace yours with? thanks Geo
geotek230

Re: cronograph

Postby Hoot » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Welcome Aboard OM!

I started out with a Chrony F-1 which I modded into a Master. I then added a remote head because its easier to read on the shooting bench. It served me well for many years and is still working, albeit gathering dust since I got my LabRadar. The biggest drawback for the Chrony was the need to shut down the shooting line while I set it up. walked back to my position, checked alignment, walked back to the chrony, repeated several times to get it perfect. Also, there was about an hour each day when the sun angle gave it trouble. The LabRadar is the Cat's Meow once the latest firmware update came out a few years ago. I struggled with it before then, when shooting a muzzle brake under our roofed shooting line. Was ready to sell it at a loss. Now I wouldn't part with it for anything. The bluetooth app for smart phones makes it even better. If you read its features, you'll save me time going into why its the greatest. The radar tracks the 450b bullet velocity all the way to the 100 yd target board. its very cool. Its not as reliable tracking small caliber bullets as far but still does for a ways out depending upon the caliber. Its the last chronograph I will ever need to buy. Not cheap but "hurt once for all".

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: cronograph

Postby GaCop » Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am

I've been using a ProChrono for years now and have no complaints. It sets up quick on my camera tripod.
Vietnam Vet Jun 66 - Dec 67
GaCop

Return to Reloading