Update Re Facebook.

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Update Re Facebook.

Postby plant_one » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:56 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Currently on Instagram, and to a lesser extent on Twitter, every time I see a advertisement, I post a comment on that advertisers post declaring that “I will not be buying anything on Instagram until Instagram stops censoring its users”. The advertiser sees that. So now its hitting the pocketbooks of the advertisers. And if you hit the pocketbooks of the advertisers then the advertisers will start hitting the pocketbooks of Instagram and the same goes for Twitter and Facebook. So guys, every time you see an advertisement on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook comment that you’re not going to buy from an advertiser on that platform until the owners of that platform stop censoring their users.
This is a form of trickle down boycotting. Or maybe it should be called trickle up boycotting. Anyway it’s something that I started doing on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Another thing I do on Instagram is when I see someone advertising some thing that I am pretty sure is from China, I inquire in the comment asking where the product is made or asking “is this product made in China?” If it’s Chinese garbage, it needs to be pointed out. We need to get China out of our economy.

and this is exactly what i'm talking about.

as i said, i'm all for helping grow other platforms to take away the power of FB, twatter, insta, etc... but surrendering is still giving your enemy the win.

stay and fight, and use THEIR Platform to promote your new platform homes.

nothing like some salt in the wound.

also re: youtube.... have you considered switching to Rumble.com? they're emerging as one of the more robust youtube-sucks video platforms
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:20 am

I have a Rumble account. I just can’t figure out how to make it work for me yet.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby GNTX » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:12 am

I know it’s only my second post here on the forum, but I wanted to chime in with some additional info on how slimy FB (and other platforms) can be. Ever signed up and then been asked, “Would you like to allow us to upload your contacts to help you discover your friends on here?” Well, let’s say your friend does this and YOUR contact info is in their device. FB now has YOUR contact info even though you have never been on FB and have never consented to their intel gathering that is part of their user agreement. They use that info, and then connect the dots in the background to find out more about you and who you are, where you go on the web, etc. YOU are the product that FB sells to its advertisers and the more info on YOU that they can supply, the more they appeal to all of these slime ball trackers and advertisers.

FB owns Instagram so unless you leave IG, you are still backdoor active on FB.

Stay safe everyone! Pray that the senate run-offs in GA go the, ‘right’ way if you catch my drift. It seems like we may be headed for a Kamala Harris administration which will be a disaster to anyone of us that prefers dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
GNTX

Postby offrink » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:10 pm

Another reason I’m glad I have no Facebook, tumblr, Instagram, blah blah blah accounts. I visit 3 web forums and that’s it. That’s all of my online presence. No photos. No photos of my kids. No names. Nothing. And I MAY even lie about where I live once in a while!
offrink

Previous

Return to Off Topic