awful experience with Smith and Sons Meat Processing in Mt.P

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

awful experience with Smith and Sons Meat Processing in Mt.P

Postby plant_one » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:30 am

-5 star review (yes thats less than 0 stars!) for Smith and Sons Meat Processing in Mt.Pleasant Michigan

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Smith-and-S ... 192914103/
http://smithandsonsmeatprocessing.com/

This incident happened at 5pm on December 4th, 2019.
Thank you Smith and sons meat processing for showing me your true colors as a "reputable" butchering location.

Im sorry to have to write this, but i had the most awful experience and everyone who even considers using Smith and Sons needs to be aware of whats going on in this business.

I had my deer processed this year at smith and sons. We've been using them for several years now after our long time butcher changed hands. This year the group i hunt with took 7 deer here.

Unfortunately my deer was not processed how i requested - sadly however thats not even what brings me to write this review.

While attempting to address my expectations of what i ordered vs what i received - the management's FIRST serious option to me (after asking if i'd like to return some of my venison!) was to offer me EXTRA venison.

thats right... SOMEONE ELSE's MEAT that i was told was there "in the back" "for making sausage or jerky" and they could "pack some up for me in a few minutes"

#waitwhat ?!?!?!?!?!? #WHAT #THE #ACTUAL #Frak ?!?!?!?!?!?

I absolutely refused, along with refusing their offer of some beef jerky sticks and left the building - i adamantly DO NOT condone shorting another customer's product to make up for YOUR mistake in how you wrote my order down.

Thats simply not ethical and shows a level character that i will not be party to.

To whomever's deer i didnt take - i'm sorry that they tried to screw you over to fix their mistake. I hope you get all your meat back that you expected - especially since you're paying extra (by the pound im sure) for sausage and jerky. I'm not that guy and i wont be party with any business who asks me to be THAT guy.

And now i'm forced to wonder if i even received the same venison that i dropped off to have processed.
I'm flabbergasted that this was their solution.
plant_one

Re: awful experience with Smith and Sons Meat Processing in

Postby coyote wacker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:44 am

Its a shame to make a good shot properly take care of a deer in the field and a processor that you trust takes advantage of you and other customers...

I have one had 3 deer ever processed in 50 years of hunting...2 on Western trips after that would quarter and bring home for me to process...one processed by a local butcher that went out of business not long after having a deer done by him...he cut all meat on a bandsaw, when I payed extra for bone out and ground every piece of deer fat in the ground meat....
A life long friend of my wife's owns Frank's Meats in Richmond, MI she took over the business from her Dad....she cuts every deer one at a time to the customers preferences and makes some of the best sausage...she will not take in more deer than she can process....
coyote wacker

Return to Off Topic