TAKE CARE YOU LOT

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

TAKE CARE YOU LOT

Postby rob cullen » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 am

Hi all
Haven't been on here for a bit but just a quick thanks to every one on here for being good people with no BS and i have learnt a hell of a lot in a small amount of time about the bushy.
I see you guys in the states are getting smashed now with the 19 and us dumb Australians are following suit as usual.
The hard and shitty fact is that some of us wont be reading this forum in 6 months time as this is nasty stuff, plus we cant wipe our arses as all the meatheads have bought all the dunny paper instead of food.
Anyhow i just want to share this as it might just save your bum

1 - If you need painkillers do not use ibuprofen or any sort of anti inflammatory as this is meant to accelerate the damage . ONLY USE PARACETAMOL

2 - If you get the bug its meant to stay in your throat for two or three days before it goes down to your lungs and starts destroying them. If you can knock this on its ass while its in your throat it wont make it to your lungs and hopefully youll be good.
So every couple of days gargle some apple cider vinegar, strong neat alcohol like vodka or anything similar . I have a still at home and have been having a shot of about 60% straight every couple of days - not sick yet but half pissed most the time lol ( i dont know how accurate this one is but it kind of makes sense, if it doesnt work youll die happy )

I was surprised to see nothing about the virus on this site when i logged in and not sure if the editors may be removing this content to keep it only gun related which is fair enough - but Editors please share the one and two as im pretty sure it will save some lives , as well as that we will all be locked in at home soon so i dont think it would hurt for every one to chat about anything at all to keep sane , even if its not guns

Anyhow you lot take care and stay safe , im off hunting tomorrow for Roos as theres no F____k meat at the supermarket

Cheers
Rob
rob cullen

Re: TAKE CARE YOU LOT

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:35 am

Morning Rob, thanks for the tips and hope your hunt goes well. I was mandated to work from home couple weeks ago, not as exciting as I was thinking it was gonna be :o

Things sorta slowed down a bit in this area as far as runs on TP and food concerned, most everybody been civil, keeping their distance, way less traffic going by since the Gov ordered her shelter in place order this week. Never understood the TP thing, would be the last thing on my need to have list !!

tomorrow I hope to hit the reloading bench for a couple of hours, not really low on anything, maybe work on a couple new loads.
Al in Mi

Postby gmstack » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:56 am

VERY WELL STATED MATE !!!
gmstack

Postby rob cullen » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks fellas and have a good weekend
cheers
Rob
rob cullen

Postby coyote wacker » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:26 am

BATFE should allow stills to make are own "hand sanitizer"...
coyote wacker

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Negative we don’t remove content unless it’s absolutely necessary Due to abusive language. But we are pretty open minded. It’s just that I’ve been so busy due to the unfortunate fact that I am considered essential to the water municipality I work for . I’m working my ass off. But I’m also working hard to stay the hell away from everybody. So when I’m not at work, I’m at home with the gate locked alone just me and the dogs. I think I have pretty much mastered this social distancing. I’ve been practicing it since my girlfriend left me back in 2013. I’ve just been too damn sick and tired to worry with it anymore. As for provisions and self-defense, we got it all covered. Will be good for several months. Couldn’t have picked a better time for Texas to have a hog problem. If we run out of meat we can run out the back door and get some.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby rob cullen » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:55 am

Hey Tex
Good to hear your doing ok mate and take care

As far as my little hunting venture went the other day i didnt even see a roo in spots were there normally is around dusk. I called it and went home , when i got down the hill and started driving home i looked to the left of the highway ( about 500 yard before foothills where i just came from) and no crap or exaggeration there must have been at least 100 roos in the green paddock with houses 300 yards either side. The lazy bastards are all all going there for a feed and obviously no one disturbs them. I just found it ironic that i sat in the bush for a few hours waiting and there all 300 yards off a major highway and it doesnt phase them at all lol

Ps Everyone feel free to hijack this post and as you guys are getting belted atm it wouldnt hurt to vent or spill your guts or whatever, might help keep you all sane

Keep safe
Cheers
Rob
rob cullen

Postby plant_one » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:17 pm

glad to hear you're ok, but the NSAID stuff has been proven inaccurate ... that was "early" information that hasnt held accurate.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/theres-no ... nts-study/

just one of many articles relating to it if you do some google

also the "gargle" posts... with vinegar, vodka/whiskey/rum/whatever, hot water (like hot tea) etc are also garbage.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... oronavirus

its a RESPIRATORY virus, and those things go down your esophagus, not your wind pipe/lungs or your nasal cavities where the virus lives - liquid down there would make you choke. so again more internet fluey.

i appreciate you trying to be helpful, but there's a lot of useless information - some simply because its outdated, some because it should have been wiped away with hoarded TP to begin with... but a quick google is busting most of them right off the gate.
Last edited by plant_one on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plant_one

Postby plant_one » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:23 pm

my favorite "myth" going around about this bug is the drinking bleach thing...

i mean.. i hate to be snarky - but come on people... if you think drinking bleach can fix this, please do.

we have the darwin awards lined up for people like you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and no - im not endorsing it.. just poking fun at just how dumb it is that people beleive it *smdh*
plant_one

Postby Bmt85 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Yeah, it amazes me how much crap is thrown out there with no real info, or science backing it, and most of it comes from the news media. People really need to stop listening to them. Somehow people haven't noticed that each of them (news media outlets) have to be the first to report anything. So they don't look into any info for it, or completely make up the info, then throw it out there, while trying to scare the crap out of people. They do all of this for views and rankings. Why anyone believes them anymore is beyond me, but then again, there are a lot of stupid people out in the world.

Another thing that I can't grasp, is how are people not at least a little prepared for an emergency? I'm 34yrs old and learned in my early 20's that you have to have at least a small reserve of supplies (food, water, TP, ammo, etc.) and a small financial cushion (even a month). From the 2008 "recession", to bad weather, and the numerous gun scares, you'd think people would be a little prepared. Nope. In the first week of this, everyone was running around panicking and hoarding anything from the grocery stores, it's still happening to a degree around me, grocery stores are all still packed, everyday. Then they moved on to guns and ammo. From what I hear, most places around my area are out/near out of ammo, and have limited gun selection. Looking online, there's limited selection of ammo, and most of what's available is overpriced (supply and demand), some are just insane in there prices you just have to laugh (cheaper than dirt). Been thinking about capitalizing on it, but to me, it's not worth the exposure risk. Dodge that once already when it turned out a carpenter on my job site the day of shut down, tested positive for Coronavirus 2 days later. Also don't need the money right now, so I have no problem hanging on to it.

I had a discussion with a coworker when Michigan was talking about having a shutdown. I don't know all of this coworkers financials, but know enough from talking to him. He was getting pissed at the government for talking about shutdowns because he wouldn't be able to pay his bills. He works a lot of overtime, so he makes a good chunk more than I do. It would be easy enough for me to pay those bills and set aside a nice cushion in just a couple months. He's now relying on the government to pay his way. I went out the week before the shut down paid off my car loan, paid a couple bills early (rest are direct deposit), pulled out a little extra cash, and made one small grocery run just in case. He looked like he couldn't comprehend what I was doing, and I wasn't about to break it down for him. All I know is that my girlfriend and I don't need to worry about much for a few weeks, and that's not relying on unemployment or government stimulus. If everyone loses there minds, we are ready for that, too.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't handle stupid very well. I think I'm also getting cabin fever. Lol. Anyways, stay safe.
Bmt85

Next

Return to Off Topic