WTF Remmy Bankruptcy Again!

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

WTF Remmy Bankruptcy Again!

Postby Hoot » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 pm

All I hear is that guns and ammunition are literally flying off the shelves and Remington has to file for Bankruptcy again?!
They are courting The Navajo Nation as a buyer. There's something ironic there. IIRC, Remington was instrumental to "taming" the wild west. :roll:

Business News Article Link

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: WTF Remmy Bankruptcy Again!

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:06 am

Seen that lastnite, get those new 450 rounds before they disappear boys lol.

Probably blame it on Covid, or Trump :o but your right Hoot, prime time for ammo and components sales.
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Back when freedom group 1st purchased bushmaster I had a theory that freedom group was going to run the bushmaster name into the ground. I think they were pretty effective. I also claimed that freedom group would destroy the Remington name. That was pretty accurate as well. I don’t think freedom group has the firearms industry in its best interest and that it’s a company that needs to be dismantled.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote: I don’t think freedom group has the firearms industry in its best interest and that it’s a company that needs to be dismantled.

these big superfunded hedge fund companies (like freedom group) are the problem....

they buy successful but lightly struggling companies, promise them loads of operating capital and growth potential, leverage them into an awful debt situation, strip them of all cash assets in the process - paying themselves millions in management fees so that the fund owners get rich as Frak as part of the process - bankrupt the companys and then sell them at a "loss" for a nice tax break at the end of the game

those are the b#$+ards that need to be broken up and sued to the end of their business models. the fact that the system lets them do this legally is the 500lb gorilla that nobody wants to talk about though.
plant_one

Postby Hoot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:08 pm

plant_one wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote: I don’t think freedom group has the firearms industry in its best interest and that it’s a company that needs to be dismantled.

these big superfunded hedge fund companies (like freedom group) are the problem....

they buy successful but lightly struggling companies, promise them loads of operating capital and growth potential, leverage them into an awful debt situation, strip them of all cash assets in the process - paying themselves millions in management fees so that the fund owners get rich as Frak as part of the process - bankrupt the companys and then sell them at a "loss" for a nice tax break at the end of the game

those are the b#$+ards that need to be broken up and sued to the end of their business models. the fact that the system lets them do this legally is the 500lb gorilla that nobody wants to talk about though.

Amen to that! Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Off Topic