*Hello to all our new members*

The forum is for discussions about calibers whose parent is the 450B.

Moderators: MudBug, Hoot

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Slayer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:28 am

This forum is the best on the internet for advice and general information on the 450 bushmaster on the internet in my opinion. Very happy to have joined. Thanks for accepting me.
Have been a machinist for over 30 years and have a small machine shop in my garage, and i learn something new every time i get on and read old or new post.
Am currently making some muzzle brakes for 2 of my uppers. The 5.56 is done. Now the 450 is next. I also had extraction issues when i got to my reloads. I purchased an extractor from windam weaponry and haven't had one FTE since. I look forward to posting some pics of the 450 muzzle brake when i get a chance to finish it.
Again thanks for letting me be a part of this great forum.
slayer. Burnham, Maine
Slayer

Postby s4s4u » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 am

Thanks for the add. Looking forward to the advice about the 450 BM

Cheers, Rod.
s4s4u

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri May 15, 2020 7:35 pm

Welcome to all you new guys.
Welcome to our addiction and our electronic campfire surrounded by some
of the most friendly folks in the AR15 community you’ll ever find.
Pull up a stump!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 450Greg » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:56 pm

Hello all. I have been researching the. 450 for a while. I lost my old 45-70 in a wildfire here in California and needed a new predator cartridge for bear and mtn lion. I look forward to learning from all of you in this build and the successes that come from it. thank you for accepting me
450Greg

Postby SAWMAN » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 am

Good morning fellow members.
I have just recently bought my first 450Bushmaster chambered gun. It is a CVA Hunter. I have owned many big bore guns in the past,including 458Lott,416Rigby,500S&W rifle,45-90Express,multiple 45-70's,and the list goes on.
I am getting older now (70) and have sold most of the above. Consolidation is the name of the game for me now. I still have multiple AR guns,in both the small frame and large frame size. I am already thinking about a 450/AR in my future. This single shot will be a fun gun. Planning on shooting heavy hardcast at sub speeds. And possibly jacketed as fast as possible out of the 25 inches of bbl.
I am retired USN and "worked" as a Master Maine Guide for 20 years.
The older I got,the colder it got,so moved "back home" to extreme NW Fla. Enjoy reloading and at one time,reloaded for over 20 different chamberings,in both pistol and rifle. Now . . down to about 9.
Me and a friend hunt hogs at night with the aid of thermal sights,both mounted and handheld viewers. My thermal is on a AR/6.8SPCII,18",and my buddy uses a 16" 300BLK suppressed. We kill about 150-200 hogs per year in the peanut,cotton,and soy bean fields. We also kill quite a few coyotes at night using the thermal "advantage". I tell people - -> "NOTHING escapes thermal."
Glad to be a member here and will try to both learn and teach. Stay safe in this crazy world. --- SAWMAN
"Why just dance when you can rock and roll."
STONER 63A
XM177E2
COLT 609
SAWMAN

Postby justonemorear » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:02 am

New to site not Black guns.
Finally broke down an got a build kit for a 10.5" upper.
Now to work on loads in the 300+gr range for a thumper.
Powders are in the range for my 460s&w
justonemorear

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 pm

justonemorear wrote:New to site not Black guns.
Finally broke down an got a build kit for a 10.5" upper.
Now to work on loads in the 300+gr range for a thumper.
Powders are in the range for my 460s&w

Welcome to our addiction!
https://youtu.be/Ys6gPZchMxk
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby EO[SCW] » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:34 pm

Howdy yall! Been lurking this fine forum for quite some time now trying to decide what paths to go. Just finished up my first big bore build based primarily from this board. I'm looking forward to expermenting with heavy loads for hunting and playing in the supressed sub game. Thank you for all the folks who have contributed so much time and knowledge to the young guys like me!

AR with 16" 1-16 twist and burris 1-8 xtrII for hunting and vxIII 4.5-14 for load development
EO[SCW]

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:04 pm

EO[SCW] wrote:Howdy yall! Been lurking this fine forum for quite some time now trying to decide what paths to go. Just finished up my first big bore build based primarily from this board. I'm looking forward to expermenting with heavy loads for hunting and playing in the supressed sub game. Thank you for all the folks who have contributed so much time and knowledge to the young guys like me!

AR with 16" 1-16 twist and burris 1-8 xtrII for hunting and vxIII 4.5-14 for load development

Welcome!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby DaddyGator » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:04 am

Good morning. Thanks for having me. Look forward to learning more about my 450 bushmaster I just received. To top it all off it’s my first AR platform as well. So I’m going from the pot. Straight into the fire. Lol.
Here’s what I’ve got
Bushmaster 450 Bushmaster 16” barrel
Warne quick detach scope mount
3x9 Nikon P3 BDC scope
Will be used for hunting and just range time.
Please feel free to give me some starter do’s and dont’s.
Thanks
DaddyGator

PreviousNext

Return to 450B Children