Post Office and slow deliveries

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Post Office and slow deliveries

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:53 am

Anyone else notice slow deliveries with flat rate boxes since this whole virus thing started?

What use to take 3-4 days from about anywhere in the states, now is taking at a minimum a full 2 weeks or longer for me at least. I have sent plenty of packages out and guys have got them in a timely manner, but man, anything coming here to sticksville Michigan is taking forever !!! :evil:

Dunno if our lovely governess has a hand in it or what, UPS and FedEx have been true to their delivery, but starting to think the post office went back to horses for around here.
Al in Mi

Re: Post Office and slow deliveries

Postby plant_one » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:00 am

i had the same issue but with regular mail too this week

i have a mailbox at a UPS store for work stuff that i also use for online shopping deliveries to prevent porch piracy.

i hadnt gotten ANY USPS stuff for over 2 weeks.. and when i asked... they had only been receiving junk mail (like a half inch stack, compared to their normal box of mail for all their combined boxholders) and were told there was a holdup down at the main downriver depot on stuff, probably a COVID19 infection quarantine thing.

i JUST finally got a batch of checks ive been waiting on yesterday, so the bottleneck should be clearing.

GIANT pain in the rear.
plant_one

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:45 pm

they must be quarantining at every distribution center along the way!!!! I have some BO bullets coming from Utah, shipped July 2nd, still shows in transit to next facility. Have a rangefinder that was shipped the 3rd from Montana, it's been in Detroit for last 3 days which has been pretty typical of the tracking when I follow most packages.

Regular mails been fine coming and going, god knows a bill will never be late :o Even shipped a priority box to kids in California last Friday and they got today.

Just frustrating.....................time for a Alaskan Amber ;)
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Sure! Make me feel selfish for being disappointed that my brick of 7 1/2's took 1 day longer to get here, albeit by UPS ground. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gmstack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 am

YES SIR, BEEN THERE DONE HAD IT HAPPEN TO ME. THE POST OFFICE HAS A VERY GOOD TRACKING SYSTEM , HOWEVER MANY TIMES THEY DONT SCAN AND THEY ALSO LOSE THINGS FOR DAYS.
gmstack

Postby plant_one » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am

just got a letter delivered yesterday that was sent on 7/2 and postmarked at the pontiac metroplex on july 9th.

so yea.. they're def holding mail back at a couple facilities here in michigan with delays.

use UPS/FEDEX for anything you can that you're having shipped these days *sigh*
plant_one

Postby Hoot » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:05 pm

plant_one wrote:just got a letter delivered yesterday that was sent on 7/2 and postmarked at the pontiac metroplex on july 9th.

so yea.. they're def holding mail back at a couple facilities here in michigan with delays.

use UPS/FEDEX for anything you can that you're having shipped these days *sigh*

Now you're worrying me. I sent my sister a birthday card on Monday because it used to take 2-3 days to get from MN to MD and today's her birthday. :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:58 pm

My prority mail package shipped from NOE in Utah on the 2nd, and has finally made it to Detroit. Typ been a 3-4 day imprisonment before working it's way north.
Al in Mi

Postby gsurko » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Everyone is using the Crony virus as an excuse for incompetence.
gsurko

Postby plant_one » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:25 pm

ive stil been getting letters that are 2 or so weeks behind.

packages seem to be doing ok (ups and fedex anyway) but i'm not sending much through USPS for packages these days due to the slowdowns.

i'll have a better idea in a few days as i have a box of bullets coming from american reloading via priority mail flat rate.
plant_one

Next

Return to Off Topic