Buffer and spring change needed with .450?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Buffer and spring change needed with .450?

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:15 pm

s4s4u wrote:
Ruckus43082 wrote:
Jlocutes wrote:OK I have a 450 bushmaster pistol 7 1/2 inch barrel has a shockwave brace on it .If I’m not mistaking it has H2 heavy buffer with a heavier spring that’s the way I purchased it..The first issue I have is with the boat open lock back inserting a magazine it seems like the mag catch grabs around and tilted straight up I have the correct magazines for it... then I bought a couple standard 20 rounders and put the blue followers in it does seem to operate a little better.The other issue I have is that one fire in the pistol a majority the time I have to manually charge the weapon for it to load the round which to me would be a failure to feed ..it fires around both cycles back closes but it does not load the next round I have to manually rack the bolt...I’m using standard 250 grain ammo is the hornday black....

Sounds like it's short stroking, I had my 6.8spc do that when it was new. I was using a stock strength spring and tungsten powder buffer (stock weight) so my issue was fixed with just oiling up the buffer tube a little better and shooting until it broke in. Yours sounds like it's short stroking because of the spring and/or buffer, but I'd still start with extra oil in the tube and see if anything changes before changing anything out. Sprinco blue enhanced strength springs were supposed to be fine for 6.8 but never had a rifle run as good with them as they did with the white stock carbine strength springs, so white is all I run in everything now.

All good info. The original poster hasn't visited in over a year so maybe he got it worked out :lol:

More like 10’years! Hahaha! :lol:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles